I graduated this year from the Architectural Association School of Architecture (AA) having completed the full five-year course (RIBA/ARB Part I & II). I am based in London and looking to join the architectural profession here in the UK.
Throughout the five year rigorous studies at Architectural Association, I have traveled extensively investigating human interaction with space on different scales: Cambodia, Mexico, Japan and Argentina are just some of such memorable academic experiences. Here I observed different architectures, from the vernacular to the latest building technologies; looking at the context of the community through the one to one scale and the communication between body, form and city. Throughout my academic and work experience I have come to recognise the built environment as complex and multifaceted. My ultimate aspiration is to contribute to the human environment through an architecture that is not only transformative in material technologies, but one that encourages philosophical and emotional connections to the built environment.
I have also conducted two years of professional practice with four architectural firms. The knowledge acquired over this time has been widely varied. All architectural operations were different, not only in terms of size but also in terms of design approach and focus. I participated in various stages of project development; from the conceptualisation of an idea with design input, to the final materialisation of the built project. My roles in these firms have spanned from analysing and researching a range of building regulations and obtaining permit, to coordinating and creating the visualisation and 3D fruition of different design projects. These experiences have provided the opportunity to develop communication, time management, and organisational skills. I have also developed an understanding of the importance of relationships between clients, architects and consultants.
05/15 - 08/15
DREAMLAND CREATIVE PROJECTS - Junior Designer + Intern - 601 W 26th Street, Ste 325 New York, NY 10001 USA http://www.dreamlandcreativeprojects.com/
- Head of graphics and output for design project.
- Website development and coding.
- Organisation and creation of model system for specific project.
08/14 – 04/15
G TECTS Architecture P.C. - Junior Architect + Intern - 178 Delancey Street, New York, 10002, USA www.gtects.com
- Participating in the process of project development: public projects, private interior residences. Understanding planning/zoning laws, interior construction drawings, blueprints, feasibility reports and business audits.
- Researching and formulating ideas and responses to the program/briefs. Extensive practice with IT, CAD, 3D software, electronic communication and information systems .
06/13 - 09/13, 06/12 - 09/12, 02/11 – 09/11
Architecture Project - Intern - 4 Sapper Street, Valletta, VLT11, Malta http://architecture-project.com/
- Co-organised the Towards Frugality International Symposium and Workshop.
- Worked on Master Plan Projects such as the regeneration of Cospicua Centre (Malta). Engaged in the City Gate Valletta Project, led by Renzo Piano.
- Created concept designs, renderings and diagrams for client presentations.
10/11 – 02/11
Bencini & Associates - Intern - Tower Road, Swatar, Malta www.benciniassociates.com/
- Regular drafting of building designs using AutoCAD/Rhino Rendering. Oversaw design and construction document phases for the Phase I and Phase II